Certificate in Money Management
Level 3, 20 Weeks, Fee - Free
This course was beneficial for my children and I, as it gave us the tools we needed to manage our finances so that we could be well prepared for the future
Ever feel like money controls your life? Do you wish you understood a bit more about wealth and debt, interest rates, insurances and investment? Can’t quite come to grips with the basics?
Managing money is a life skill that most of us are never taught. Take control of your financial future for you and your whānau by learning about money, debt and how to create wealth.
You'll learn about:
your current financial position
your money habits
step-by-step goal setting
how to create and protect wealth
planning for retirement
Money and Me (3 Weeks)
- Money Attitudes
- Money Habits
- Financial Goals
- Strategies to manage financial change
My Financial Plans (4 Weeks)
- Personal budgets
- Analyse spending against budgets
- Prioritising spending and planning for large expenditure
- Financing large purchases
Home Ownership & Debt Management (4 Weeks)
- Personal and consumer debt
- Strategies to reduce debt
- Home Ownership – process, requirements and financing
- Leveraging – Buying multiple homes for investment
Savings and Investments (5 Weeks)
- Planning and Saving for your retirement
- Identifying your risk profile
- Develop an investment portfolio
- Diversification of investments
Wealth Protection (4 Weeks)
- Protecting your assets
- Estate planning
- Professional Financial Advisors
Where will this take you?
With skills at this level you can effectively manage your own personal finances. These skills will also prove useful in administrative roles, or in the establishment of your own business.
This course provides a solid foundation for further up-skilling; upon completion you'll be in a position to apply for our small business courses, or any other Level 3 or 4 course in business, management, governance or leadership.
You'll graduate with an NZQA qualification i.e NZ Certificate in Personal Financial Capability and Financial Services Level 3 as well as a Te Wananga o Aotearoa Certificate in Money Management Level 3.
At least 16 years of age. Must be a school leaver
Citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand
Te Wananga o Aotearoa MANGERE CAMPUS - Semester A 2021
15 Canning Crescent, Mangere Auckland 2022
Tuesday Night Class - 2nd of March 2021