Smart Steps to Business
Level 3, 20 Weeks, Fee - Free
I loved this course! It helped me work out the business ideas that I had before starting the planning stages of starting a new business
Have you always wanted to work for yourself but don't know where to start? Before you launch your business, learn what many small business owners wish they knew before they got started.
Through Smart Steps to Business, you'll learn everything required to develop a business idea as well as how to assess its feasibility, before you've invested any time or money. And once you've identified where your opportunities lie, we'll help you devise a plan to successfully launch into the market.
You'll learn about:
external analysis of a business opportunity
technology options for small businesses
social, cultural and environmental impacts of small businesses
effective communication with stakeholders
Getting Started (3 Weeks)
- Identifying and evaluating business opportunities
- Strategic Overview: Vision, Mission and or Purpose Statement
- Introduction to the Business Establishment Plan
Getting Feasible (5 Weeks)
- Analysing the feasibility of a business idea
- SWOT Analysis
- External Analysis tools: Social, environmental and cultural impacts
- Develop and evaluate business strategies
Getting to the Market (6 Weeks)
- Introduction to Marketing
- Identifying Target Markets
- The Marketing Mix and development of business relationships
- Testing viability of a business idea
Getting Ready to Launch (6 Weeks)
- Legal and operational aspects of establishing a business
- Cash flow and forecast viability
- Group business pitch
Where will this take you?
Completion of this programme will open the doors to enrol in our Level 4 Small Business and Project Management programme.
You'll be able to go into business for yourself confidently, or apply the skills you've gained to a range of other roles.
You will graduate with an NZQA qualification i.e NZ Certificate in Small Business Management Level 3 and a Te Wananga o Aotearoa Certificate.
At least 16 years of age. Must be a school leaver
Citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand
Graduate of a level 2 or 3 qualification
Literacy and Numeracy competency
Fully committed to completing the programme
Te Wananga o Aotearoa MANGERE CAMPUS - Semester A 2021
15 Canning Crescent, Mangere Auckland 2022
Monday Night Class - 1st of March 2021